I saw a card made from a flat pinwheel die the other day and remembered how I used to make real paper pinwheels with my kids. I decided to try making some “real”, 3 dimensional mini ones for a card front. I ❤️ love how it turned out!
Join me on the creative journey, and make this simple, fun and colorful card for someone in your life.
Supplies needed for this project:
- 2.5” strip of colorful patterned paper
- White cardstock — I recommend #110 or higher for card bases
- Small strip of light brown cardstock
- Distress Spray Inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Salvaged Patina Oxide, Mermaid Lagoon Oxide) —not needed if patterned paper is double sided
- Polka Dot background stencil (Letter It: Polka Dotting)
- Distress Oxide Ink (Salvaged Patina)
- Ink blending brush (or make-up brush)
- Colorful gems
- Thin mini glue dots, Medium glue dots, glue, and ATG or other double-sided tape. Or adhesives of your choice.
- Sentiment stamp for inside of card
Grab your supplies, and let’s create! Video tutorial below.
- Cut white cardstock into mat: 3.25”x8.25”, and base: 8.5”x7”
- Score and fold base in half, at 3.5”
- Stencil polka dots onto the mat, with Distress Oxide Ink and Blending brush
- Adhere mat to base with ATG/double-sided tape
- Spray the backside of patterned paper strip with the Distress Sprays.
- Cut 3 2.5” squares from patterned paper
- Fold each square in half diagonally, both ways
- Cut on each of those score lines, up to 1/4” from center point
- Apply mini glue dot to the same corner of each of the 4 triangles on each pinwheel piece, and fold them in on top of each other in the center
- Apply gem into the center of each pinwheel
- Cut brown cardstock into narrow strips for pinwheel sticks
- Adhere pinwheels to card front with medium glue dots
- Adhere “pinwheel sticks” under pinwheels
- Stamp sentiment inside
Watch the video process!
Did you make this Pinwheel Card? I want see it!
Subscribe and comment here. And, Join one of my Creative Communities and share your pics there–links below.
Living Coram Deo & freely whole
Please consider supporting Freely Whole ministries. Your support helps me to continue to provide Soul Healing content, to empower you and others to live a life that is Freely Whole–in Jesus!
Subscribe to my email list in the sidebar and get notifications of future posts on this website.
Join me on Facebook, Like & Follow my Freely Whole public page.
To share Soul Care Creativity, join my Freely Whole Creative Community at MeWe or Facebook,
and Follow @FreelyWhole on Instagram and hashtag your creations #freelywholecreative